AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 03:30   Link #41
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

The OP implying Sawaki x Hasegawa pairing?

About Chara design, yeah the girls is less hawt now

I will miss this

EDIT : Saying its bad art direction is wrong though, because its actually more blending to the animation, its seems the background is nicer as well.. you can say the art is actually improved this way.

Last edited by fertygo; 2012-07-06 at 03:48.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 05:10   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new art direction will take some time to get used to. It's not exactly bad, but I definitely liked the old art better. The girls looked so good.

That put aside, the rest was typical Moyashimon, so very good. Very fun and educational as always.

Kei took a bath with the girls? What the...
Old 2012-07-06, 09:05   Link #43
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I like Sawaki's new design, but the girls...well, I like them okay. And Kei is going to be wearing that dress for the entire season, isn't he?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:43   Link #44
idont

Dislike the design for Muto. She looked better in Season 1. I wish someone would sub the manga too.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 17:08   Link #45
Dop
Mmmm....

Kei got to go to the women's bath?
There are clearly some advantages to crossdressing!!!

But seriously, yes, it may look a little different but it still seems to be the Moyashimon we all know and love!

I really hope this raises interest in the series enough for Kodansha US to take a second pop at releasing the manga. I guess that's all in vain, but I'd love to read more of the manga, having bought Del Rey's release of volumes 1 and 2.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 18:14   Link #46
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Umm ... ok. From not having seen season 1 I stumbled face first into this and ... err ... don't quite know what to think. :\

Not bad, but just ... strange. But in a strange combo between being serious and almost slapstick at the same time with a very ... erm ... unique(?) flavor?

Hmm ... will watch the next few eps for now.
Old 2012-07-06, 18:17   Link #47
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think you should go get the first season and watch it before starting this one. It's only eleven episodes. I re-watched the whole thing in a few sittings over the past weekend. I recommend the Microbe Theater Deluxe extras, too. You'll never think about your intestines in quite the same way after watching those.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 18:20   Link #48
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think you should go get the first season and watch it before starting this one. It's only eleven episodes. I re-watched the whole thing in a few sittings over the past weekend. I recommend the Microbe Theater Deluxe extras, too. You'll never think about your intestines in quite the same way after watching those.
For some reason your current avy makes me very suspicious about your recommendations.

Seriously though, I was planning to do just that (i.e. watch s1 - I may get a little more of an idea of what in the world is going on here).
Old 2012-07-07, 00:04   Link #49
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Umm ... ok. From not having seen season 1 I stumbled face first into this and ... err ... don't quite know what to think. :\

Not bad, but just ... strange. But in a strange combo between being serious and almost slapstick at the same time with a very ... erm ... unique(?) flavor?

Hmm ... will watch the next few eps for now.
I hate anime with a burning passion, but even I like Moyashimon. It's just that good.

On the other hand, if a show about a bunch of college students brewing beer and spirits, going to really far out parties and being confused about their sexual orientation (while constantly discussing microbiology in general and its applications to fermented foods in particular) doesn't seem appealing to you, please go back to the usual highschool romcoms or whatever floats your boat.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2012-07-07 at 00:21.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:24   Link #50
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
The OP implying Sawaki x Hasegawa pairing?
When you think about it it makes sense by the simple 'pair the spare' ruling: the fat and bearded senpai are the stooges who never get a girl, Oikawa and Mutou are lesbian which leaves Sawaki x Hasegawa or Sawaki x Yuuki.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:45   Link #51
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Thanks, gg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
which leaves Sawaki x Hasegawa or Sawaki x Yuuki.
What's wrong with Haruka x Kei? I know he wasn't keen on black leather when offered it this time around, but I could see the two of them building a nice relationship based on trying out each others' wardrobes.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the rounded faces in this version, particularly the models for Kei and Aoi. Compare this model for Kei from 2007 versus this one from the current show. Aoi herself was barely recognizable in some scenes and certainly this model looks radically different from her appearance in 2007.

I bring this point up not because of some unreasonable attachment to the earlier models, but because I think it makes the characters look too comedic. I liked the mixture of comedy and drama in the original, a feature enhanced by the characters more realistic designs. Sure they were often caricatured from time to time, Aoi in particular, but now they seem almost parodies of themselves.

Oh, well, let's brew!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:18   Link #52
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I also came to complain about designs. I loved the girls in the previous Moyashimon. They were truly beautiful *___* I'm really sensitive to beauty and it's rare for me to feel satisfied. When I watched first show I was in heaven. Now it's just meh. If I didn't know how they could look like I would probably swallow it easier. But now it did stripped the series of some charm. I'm really disappointed by the trend to make charas look like children. I hated it in One Piece especially when it came to Luffy. Sigh, nevertheless it seems like an old Moyashimon. Less awkward now. The whole situation with Kei (I still can't get why he kissed we-all-know-who) was strange and right now it seems like everything is just normal. I like it!
Old 2012-07-07, 17:40   Link #53
Somnus
Eh?

Let me onto the -New designs irk me- boat as well. It was good old Moyashimon fun, it really was, but the new designs are so, so jarring. Even at the end of the episode I couldn't truly tell myself I was used to them. They look so bland now. Before they had so much character.
Old 2012-07-10, 00:21   Link #54
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

there's yuri?
Old 2012-07-10, 19:19   Link #55
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I just saw the old show about a month ago and I actually wasn't sure who Aoi was at first (partially because I couldn't remember her name for the life of me) and partially because she went from looking like a sexy young woman to a cutesy older high school/younger college girl, what a huge change especially since no time seems to have passed in-series. Also I have to admit it was a bit jarring to see just how much of the episode was taken up by brewing talk, sure the show is all about microbes but there was a better balance between weird microbe talk and weird everyday life talk in the first season. Oh well, obviously I'm going to watch the whole thing and I'll just hope the pacing evens out soon.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 14:51   Link #56
idont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
there's yuri?
not really.

Spoiler:
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:43   Link #57
JokerD

I'm enjoying this so far, quite a change from the rest of the crop of anime. But it seems to get no love (3 pages of discussion as compared to the rest)

Any idea what Oikawa whispers at the end of ep2
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 07:08   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oikawa seems a lot more likable this season. Maybe it's because she's getting more screentime, I don't know. I love her new dressing style as well. Short shorts + thigh high = WIN.
Old 2012-07-14, 08:58   Link #59
Alhazred

Regarding the character designs, i think they may actually just be bending toward the designs of the current manga chapters; the manga has gone through some noticeable art evolution over the years, and not all for the better (i.e. Sawaki and the girls all start to share the same younger-looking face.) As to the hand holding in the OP...
Spoiler:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:39   Link #60
Somnus
Eh?

Still trying to adapt to the new art style. I just have a hard time shaking the feeling that, "I would enjoy this so much more if it looked like season 1"

On the other hand, I got huge Yakitate!! Japan vibes from this episodes with how the information was presented. It felt very reminiscent to those bread discussions/reactions I grew to love.

Also, mMm Mmm Haruka. That is all.